Face steaming is one of the best ways for your face to feel and look fresh and smooth. A face steam is a simple method for an at home facial using steam, herbs and essential oils. You add herbs to hot water and create a “tent” with a towel and your face over the bowl and steam. These aromatherapy herbal facial steam jars cleanse and nourish the skin for luxurious results.
Benefits of face steaming:
- Cleanses impurities by opening up your pores allowing the release of dead skin cells, bacteria, dirt, and other impurities that clog pores. All of which helps to prevent blemishes.
- Reduces excess sebum and releases trapped sebum oil as it opens the pores.
- Increases blood circulation and this boost of blood flow nourishes your skin and delivers oxygen resulting in a natural, healthy glow.
- Hydrates & moisturizes the skin.
- Promotes collagen and elastin production which results in firmer, younger-looking skin.
- Facial steams increase the skin’s permeability enabling for better absorption. This means following a facial steam the moisturizer or other skin product you apply penetrates deeper into the skin.
- Promotes relaxation. Just the feeling of warm steam on your face is relaxing. By adding herbs and essential oils to the face steam, you can soothe the body and mind.
Aromatherapy Herbal Facial Steams
- Chamomile: Helpful for dry, irritated skin. Chamomile herb has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is jam packed full of nutrients including iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sulfur, chlorine, sodium, potassium, silicon, and trace elements, to feed your skin
- Rose: Helps improve scars and wrinkles while reducing redness. Roses are great for cleansing and toning, too.
- Calendula: This herb is especially helpful for those with eczema and psoriasis. Calendula has anti-inflammatory, astringent and anti-microbrial properties.
- White Willow Bark: Contains salicin, which is the forefather to the salicylic acid found in OTC acne washes. White Willow Bark herb calms redness and inflammation and has anti-microbrial and anti-fungal properties.
- Peppermint: This refreshing herb has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbrial properties. Peppermint herb is helpful for dull, oily, or irritated skin.
- Lavender: Soothing and calming to skin. Lavender herb is a very gentle herb and one of my favorites for skin. It relieves itching, is astringent, and anti-bacterial.
- Hibiscus: A natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids . AHAs are known to help exfoliate, control oily skin and clogged pores, all of which can encourage fresher, younger, and smoother looking skin.
- Dandelion Leaf: Increases generation of new skin cells. Increases hydration and collegan production.
- Elderflower: Contains Vitamins A, B, C & E. Helps improve skin's complexion and even skin tone.
- Nettle: A natural astrigent. Tightens and firms skin, treats acne and heals eczema.